Single Tier w/RIMS Build 2016

Klassy66

Trial Member
Reaction score
http://imgur.com/PDz2mgn
It's probably fair to say that I jumped in way over my head with this build having very little all grain experience....but hey, ya gotta start somewhere, right? It took a lot of hard work, a lot of testing and an equal amount of WTF's to get this where it is today! With 2 (test)brews on this rig so far and I'm thinking 3rd time has gotta be the charm! Hope to brew soon, we'll be in touch!

nice, its going to be a learning experience for sure, one thing I see is there will be some wort in lines that wont really need to be but you can always drain and add back to the pot, the only way to keep that from happening would be putting 3 way valves where your T's are and creating a smaller loop for the mash out of the rims tube
and I would eventually use some kind of quick connect, makes draining and cleaning easier
anyway good luck ;)

I bought into a single tier 3 vessel system ($500 complete with stand and lots of other equipment) back in 2012 with no all grain experience and haven't looked back. You will figure it out. keep precise records and learn from your experience and from answering your own questions with research. over time you will probably change some of your pluming, but make it work for you. No better teacher than experience. Have fun and keep us posted!

Back