Sinamar

wobdee

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone use this in a Schwarz or Dunkel recipe here? How did you add it to your recipe to get a good guesstimate on color?

I use it from time to time to adjust color. I believe the formula is 0.05 oz/degree Lovibond/gallon.

Picked up a 4oz bottle, says 4oz will add 16srm to 5 gal of beer. I can add it to my BF recipe as a custom ingredient but in order to get that 16 SRM I have to list it as 800 lovibond. I know it's pretty concentrated so maybe that's about right. Guess I'll just add a little at a time and see where I like it.

Anyone know if this stuff adds some sugar as well and if I should compensate my recipe?

Picked up a 4oz bottle, says 4oz will add 16srm to 5 gal of beer. I can add it to my BF recipe as a custom ingredient but in order to get that 16 SRM I have to list it as 800 lovibond. I know it's pretty concentrated so maybe that's about right. Guess I'll just add a little at a time and see where I like it.

Anyone know if this stuff adds some sugar as well and if I should compensate my recipe?
Sugar addition is negligible. And the 800 degrees L sounds about right - it's pretty concentrated. Last time I used it I added 5 degrees L to my beer by adding 3.5 ml of Sinamar.

Back