Shared one of my beers with John Palmer

philjohnwilliams

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to see John Palmer give a talk about water for brewing (basically a 60 minute version of his book) and at the break I had the chance to share one of my beers with him. He had some positive things to say, and he also pointed out some things to work on. This was the first homebrewing related event that I have attended, and after a good experience like this I will be attending more.
john palmer.jpg

Last edited:
That's really cool! And holy cow. You guys could easily pass as brothers.

Too true:D awesome stuff Phil hope you share some of that knowledge here...

To be honest, water adjustments are still a bit confusing to me, but seeing John explain it in person did make it a bit easier to understand. I learned that the easiest way to deal with brewing water was to start with R/O or distilled and build the water you need with that.
Another presenter that day was a tech rep from Lallemand. A local brewery had made a simple pale wort, which was then fermented with 7 different Lallemand yeasts. The difference was amazing, with some it was hard to believe that they came from the same wort.

Cool picture! Palmer is a super nice guy, and it's awesome that he gave you some pointers on your beer for next time. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Back