SASA Knockoff

RoadRoach

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Sam Adams Summer Ale knockoff from my distributor's catalog. I like the Blue Moon knockoff, so he suggested I try the SASA. I just brewed it today, but without knowing I had the recipe kit, the missus picked me up a carton. I liked the lemon flavor in it, and Grains of Paradise is something totally new to me, but hoping I can duplicate what I had from the store-bought stuff. Recipe is in my list, and public. Lemme know what you'ns think.

Sam Adams Summer Ale knockoff from my distributor's catalog. I like the Blue Moon knockoff, so he suggested I try the SASA. I just brewed it today, but without knowing I had the recipe kit, the missus picked me up a carton. I liked the lemon flavor in it, and Grains of Paradise is something totally new to me, but hoping I can duplicate what I had from the store-bought stuff. Recipe is in my list, and public. Lemme know what you'ns think.

If you go into your recipie click edit then click share copy the link and paste it in here that will be the GO.

If you go into your recipie click edit then click share copy the link and paste it in here that will be the GO.
Yeah, this forum uses the same basic engine as other forums I use. I was just being lazy.

Popped the top on the first bottle day before yesterday, and didn't wait for it to get cold. Not bad, not bad at all, even at room temp. A tad violent when opening a room temp bottle. I did pour it into a cool glass (refrigerated, not frozen), and if there's anything I've learned, pouring beer into a glass with a colder temperature usually results in a lotta foam. Once the cap is off though, gotta get it in the glass soon, or it will start boiling up from the sediment and mess up the color and clarity. Something about beers with high OG. Especially if there's significant sediment.

Got a few more bottles in the fridge for the first Bama (University of Alabama) game of the season, along with my last bottle of Liquid Aloha (Kona Big Wave). Playin Miami Hurricanes for our opener this year, and I'm hopin' it goes the about same way the 1992 Sugar Bowl did.

Maybe try halfing you carb sugar and see if that helps

Yeah, it had a pretty high FG when I put it up, so somethin tells me the yeastie beasties weren't quite finished. Maybe just resting a little after a lotta work. Was pretty cloudy, for sure.

Tried another couple yesterday. Just fine after chilling. It just doesn't like being poured into a frozen mug. I like to take one that's cool, pour it into a frozen mug and let the mug finish chilling it after it's outta the bottle. That's a little tricky if it wants a big head. Very easily wind up with a glass full of foam and most of the beer still in the bottle.

Yeah, it had a pretty high FG when I put it up, so somethin tells me the yeastie beasties weren't quite finished. Maybe just resting a little after a lotta work. Was pretty cloudy, for sure.

Tried another couple yesterday. Just fine after chilling. It just doesn't like being poured into a frozen mug. I like to take one that's cool, pour it into a frozen mug and let the mug finish chilling it after it's outta the bottle. That's a little tricky if it wants a big head. Very easily wind up with a glass full of foam and most of the beer still in the bottle.
Ah the Joy's of homebrewing aye waiting for your beer to settle out under the head!:D

Back