RO water

Beer-lord

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm a newb with working with water profiles in Brewer's Friend and don't see a way to show that the water I'm using is RO water. Do I just leave everything as 0 or is there something I missed ticking that allows use of RO for total water volume as well as sparge water volume?

Thanks

Thanks for the help. My RO ppm is .14.
So you are saying I should get my RO water tested? There's no other way to know the mineral content. I have a ph meter and my original water report of tap water but that's it.
I'm loving learning about this stuff but I had no idea so much was required. I thought if I used a very good filter (which I have) and treated my water with RO, I was set and I was basically starting with a blank canvas.
This padawan has much to learn!

I use a 2 stage carbon filter for my brewing water. I do have a softener, so my water is on the hard side. My filtered water is on the hard water side. I don't make any adjustments to my water other than the 2 stage water for filtering. I'm pleased with my results. I'm not saying you don't have to treat your water. For all I know, I'm lucky to have the water I do, and that it works well enough without additions.

I think if a tds meter says .14 than your good unless you just want to be very accurate, most beers are very forgiving but some like myself can taste everything, "Ive never smoked" so Im picky.

in the advanced water calculator there is a ro or distilled dilution form if you use both city and ro

Back