(RESOLVED) Small additions

-MG-

Trial Member
Reaction score
Just bought the software:

Can you add volume going into the kettle also to the brew steps main page? Same for the strike water?

Can you offer an option to keep input at say 1.25quart/lb for the mash, but show me strike water in gallons? My blichmann kettle has a sight glass that is in gallons and I have to type into a calculator to convert everytime.

Re: Small additions

-MG- said:
Can you add volume going into the kettle also to the brew steps main page?
That information is in the Water Requirements tab. Have you seen it there? We could look at adding the volume to the text of the brew step.

-MG- said:
... Same for the strike water?

Can you offer an option to keep input at say 1.25quart/lb for the mash, but show me strike water in gallons? My blichmann kettle has a sight glass that is in gallons and I have to type into a calculator to convert everytime.

We could add something to the water requirements section that shows the expected strike water volume based on your profile's default mash thickness.

I did find it in water requirements tab and started using that. I think leaving it there could be ok.

I suppose changing in my default settings that could fix things, but I would have to adjust my mash thickness then to adjust the other way. We always look at mash thickness in quarts, but for me its the fact my sight gauge is in gallons that makes me have to convert your number each time.

It would be nice if you had an option on the water requirements tab to change volume to be displayed in gallons.

When your units are set to US, the water requirements tab has columns for both gallons and quarts.

I added tape to my sight gauge so it reads in quarts.

Ah, I see where you are talking about. I was looking at the mash calculator page and not the one you mentioned. This helps.

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate the fact that you are here answering questions and looking for ways to improve.

Glad to be of help! Normally simple improvements that everybody can use get fast tracked but bigger more complex issues take more time to sort out and schedule for development.

Back