(RESOLVED) Efficiency options

Tallbrewer

Premium Plus Member
Reaction score
I've done a search and tried to look to see if this has been suggested already and didn't find anything. Maybe its not a concern but I'll throw it up here. Would we be able to get the option to pick the type of efficiency we want to use in the recipe editor. So instead of using brewhouse efficiency we could use pre boil efficiency. I believe that pre boil is the closest to lauter efficiency and is one of the most commonly used in recipes.

Matt

Re: Efficiency options

Good news - this is already built in, just change the batch size target to 'kettle' and you'll be in the right efficiency mode.

See our FAQ for complete details:
http://www.brewersfriend.com/faq/#recipes18

Here is an excerpt:

Efficiency in All Grain and BIAB recipes is based on the batch size target:

When batch size target is set to Fermentor: efficiency stands for 'Brew House Efficiency', which captures your entire system. It factors in sugar losses all the way to the fermentor.

When batch size target is set to Kettle: efficiency stands for 'Ending Kettle Efficiency', which is how much of the sugars from the grain were converted and made it into the kettle at the end of the boil.

Re: Efficiency options

Thanks Larry, I had a feeling it had to already be there. I just didn't notice the change when I selected either fermentor or kettle.

Matt

Back