Reduce entire grain bill automatically

FNAT

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers. I need to lean on some experienced Brewer's friend users. Im new to the platform, still trying to figure this out.

I got a recipe from a buddy that is a 10% beer. I want to reduce the grain bill in one shot by adjusting the ABV to my target of 6% while maintaining the percentages. Thanks.

What I would do is change your batch size until you're at 6% and then use the scale button to whatever volume you really want it to be.

Neither option seem that simple.....LOL. Thanks for the replies though. I will try them out. Was hoping to avoid all the math to get the percentages for my target.

Or, you could choose a lower OG and use the same percentages when entering the recipe in the Recipe Builder.

If you are talking about setting a "Goal" in the "Fermentables" section, I just stumbled across that little gem. If that is not what you are talking about....here is what I found.

Scale the recipe to the desired batch size. In my case, I am going from 11 gallons to 5.5. Once at 5.5 gallons, click the "Goal" button in the top left hand corner of the "Fermentables" section and set your target OG. This will scale the entire recipe. In this case I am working with a stout recipe so the only remaining adjustments are to get the SRM where I would like it to be.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope this helps you or someone else in the future.

Thats pretty much it id hit scale button then select ABV then punch in desired ABV (6%) the fine creators of this here brew platform have done all the fancy maths for you so you can concentrate on brewing that more sessionable beer;).​

Thats pretty much it id hit scale button then select ABV then punch in desired ABV (6%) the fine creators of this here brew platform have done all the fancy maths for you so you can concentrate on brewing that more sessionable beer;).​
This feature seems to have disappeared with the current version.

This feature seems to have disappeared with the current version.
Yeah your right the scale feature in the tools section allows you to scale batch size and efficiency woops. I guess you'll bust have to up the grain bill and try and keep percentages the same...

Back