Recipe merge feature request

narleth

Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ll often blend brews post fermentation and/or post finishing (especially if a brew is missing something). I would like to request a feature that would allow to make a blended recipe by merging two Brewers Friend recipes together. A slider that would allow for real-time stats (so you can hit a target abv, ibu, srm, etc.) would be awesome. As of now, I’m just plugging in and calculating a merged recipe by hand.

What kind of math? Average two values? Or select which values to merge?

I invision a slider bar...

recipe #1 ———|— recipe #2 (i.e. I would like a recipe that is 25% #1 and 75% #2)

The result would be a weighted average of the two. i don’t think it would produce a finished recipe, as attentions to details like specific hops, additions and yeast selections wouldn’t necessarily be mergable. Maybe this would just be for the fermentables? I do like the idea of selecting what values to merge, so if you wanted to combine the hop schedules, you could choose that too. It would be based on the percentage of each recipe based on the slider. Thanks!

I'm trying to picture how it would work. It would be mixed, say, 25/75%, then give the results of that mix in........IBUs? Color? I'm trying to figure out what we're looking for before I add a ticket for this possible feature.

Back