Reaction score
hello
I have the basic ingredient and I really want a nice easy beer to do
but this is my first time to deal with it
I have 10 gallons and that's it .
thanks

what kind of ingredients do you have?

that will help us to create a recipe for you

Yeah that makes a big difference, it's honestly pretty hard to screw beer up. What you get at the end can vary significantly based on what you start with though.

I have a recipe from Northern Brewer for a Czech Pilsner

- Cascade Pellet Hops - 6.9% - 1lb.

Mangrove Jacks M76 Bavarian Lager Dry Yeast - 10g

- Danstar Nottingham Ale Dry Yeast - 11g

- Saflager S-189 Dry Yeast - 11.5g

- Safale US-05 Dry Yeast - 11.5g

-
Belgian Tripel
[Yeast:No Yeast] 1 $26.99 $26.99
- Briess Pilsen Malt - per lb.

What sort of equipment do you have and what method will you use for mashing your grain? How familiar are you with basic mashing and brewing procedures?
If Cascade is the only hop variety you have you won't be getting a tradition Pils Flavor. For that you need Saaz hops or other German/European hops. The Cascade hops will give you more citrus flavor that's better suited for American Blonde Ale or something similar. That being said, you can make a nice beer using only Pilsen malt and a small amount of Cascade hops added at the beginning of the boil. Fermented with either the Nottingham or the US-05, it'll give you a very pleasant beer. You can use the Mangrove Jack yeast for fermentation and get a little more malty flavor that's a closer match to the traditional European lagers. It would benefit from a lower fermentation temperature and may take longer to finish.
Here's a simple recipe based on the Brew-in-a-bag method that would work for you.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/736706/pilsner-cascade-smash
That's assuming that you have vessels big enough for your mashing and boiling and fermentation needs.
Good luck. ;)

^^^For just about any beer! ;)

Yep what a beer of beers a truly hard beer to nail down I recon. If the OP wants an easy lager style yeast 34/70 will behave well for you. Happy brewing!

Reactions: J A

Back