Recipe Feedback

Discussion in 'Beginners Brewing Forum' started by dnezmusic, Jul 5, 2019.

1. dnezmusic

dnezmusic New Member

Hey everyone. Hope you are doing well...

I would appreciate any feedback about this recipe. I "feel" new to homebrewing still after 4 years or so of doing it. I love it!

I am trying a new system a friend gave to me. Hoping for increased efficiency in my AG batches.

I also am trying to decipher my city water report to make sense of what is in it and what I need to do to my water profile -- if anything --- to make a great hazy ipa.

Anyways... here's the recipe link... https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/850953/second-coming-hazy-ipa

Let me know what you think and I'll try and keep up

2. Mark Farrall

Mark Farrall Well-Known Member

Looks like a good grist for a hazy.

I'd drop the 15 & 10 minute hop additions. Add some to flameout and some to an early dry hop, say 36-48 hours after pitching. I'm going to start moving some of my flameout additions to dry hop. I'm feeling that the flameout additions are important in building all the proteins that form the haze. But I'm starting to think the dry hops are the ones that really deliver the flavour and aroma. Though they need the high protein grains and flameout hops to build on.

I'm also too scared to skip the 60 minute bittering addition. Plenty don't bother with it, but I haven't made the jump yet. I just find it easier to deliver that simple bitter backbone with Magnum at 60 that I prefer.

dnezmusic and Trialben like this.
  3. Trialben

Trialben Well-Known Member

Pest control tech
    You might wanna give it a bit longer than 15min on the whirlpool with them hops more like half hour that way getting more out of the hops before transferring to kettle.

dnezmusic likes this.