Re-purposing Equipment...

Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Designed a vent hood for my Digiboil today using an old stainless steel milk strainer.

Anybody else find an unexpected "2nd Life" for equipment they already had access too? Let's see some pics...

IMG950232.jpg

Anybody else find an unexpected "2nd Life" for equipment they already had access too?

Sounds like my way of life! Take a look at my last post in "I brewed today" ...those are a couple of shipping containers for frozen foods! I cut a hole in the top to let the fermentation lock stick out....and that housing for the controller is an ice cube tray, the 120v outlets are salvage as is all the wiring and the rest of the box! What can I say.....I'm a junkman!

Pairing up with that thread on bread baking....while not truly "Second Life" but more like 'Second Purpose"....I have one of those over the range Microwaves that I use as my proofing box when I am making bread! The hood lights make the inside of it about 90° F ….I just punched these two loaves down for a second rise.

20200126_124159.jpeg

So wifey and I were sitting in the living room yesterday evening and suddenly out of nowhere, the loud and distinctive call of a gray tree frog came from my the other side of the room. It seems like this little guy hitched a ride on the ficus tree that lives on the deck during the summer and he hasn't eaten since October! Thankfully for both of us he's gonna live in this repurposed carboy for another few weeks.

IMG_20230304_203430_hdr.jpg

So wifey and I were sitting in the living room yesterday evening and suddenly out of nowhere, the loud and distinctive call of a gray tree frog came from my the other side of the room. It seems like this little guy hitched a ride on the ficus tree that lives on the deck during the summer and he hasn't eaten since October! Thankfully for both of us he's gonna live in this repurposed carboy for another few weeks.

View attachment 24477
Gonna get him a couple flies to tide him over?

Back