Quick Water Requirements - Math don't lie

OkanaganMike

Trial Member
Reaction score
I noticed 2 brews ago the water requirement for my brew seemed higher than normal. Turned out it was wrong and I missed my gravities and had extra wort remaining in the the keggle after filling the fermenter. Last brew was same so I manually adjusted my water by eye and it worked out perfectly.
Took a look at my equipment profile and adjusted my grain absorption (not sure if it changed on its own or not) from .5 to .3qt/lb as I BIAB and squeeze the bag.
Printed the recipe to see how the amounts were affected and the starting (strike) water looks right now in the Quick Water Requirements however the Total: amount at the bottom doesn't calculate correctly.

Also - Quick Water Requirements under Recipe Tools is correct, just not on the printed form. I'm totally confused.

I know the developers were having issues with this mid last year I'm sure it was.
Frustrating i know man I've had to double check the values countless times.
It's hard when doing a first run on a new beer if you can't trust the calculator to get you close to the recipe specs.
@Pricelessbrewing will be your Man.

Thanks Trialben. Just made a test recipe using simlar weights of grain and hops and it looked ok on both tools and printed version. Just something hinky in the software I guess with that one recipe.

Alright thanks for the report @OkanaganMike. Let us know if you're still seeing this at all, I sometimes forget to followup and test on the print outs as well. It's usually @AHarper that's finding these print out issues, so I'm sure he appreciates the support on team printout!

Back