Quick Infusion Calculator needs Altitude Adjustment

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just trying the Quick Infusion Calculator for the first time and discovered it's not particularly kind to those of us living somewhat above sea level (I live and brew at 6,000 feet). My boiling point is about 200 degrees but there's no adjustment in the calculator for that variable. As a result, all my calculations using that calculator would cause me to undershoot my desired temperature.

Could we get a "Infusion Temp" fiield added for those of us not brewing on the beach? :)

Thanks!

Good idea. I do have to admit that my quick glance made it read "attitude adjustment" and I laughed because it sounded like your water calculator was a recalcitrant child. :)

I added that to our list of features we'll work on. We appreciate the suggestion. Living and brewing in the Northwoods, it never occurred to me to even look at that part but I know that others do have to take it into consideration. Again, Thanks!

Good idea. I do have to admit that my quick glance made it read "attitude adjustment" and I laughed because it sounded like your water calculator was a recalcitrant child. :)

I added that to our list of features we'll work on. We appreciate the suggestion. Living and brewing in the Northwoods, it never occurred to me to even look at that part but I know that others do have to take it into consideration. Again, Thanks!
Thanks!

That is going to be VERY helpful when doing step mashes (in my passive mash tun, also known as an Igloo cooler).... Thanks!

Back