Priming - weight per unit of volume

Mark Farrall

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to have the priming amount expressed as the weight per unit of volume in addition to the total amount for a batch, e.g. grams per litre?

Most batches have enough losses from dry hopping or transfer that the amount that the full batch amount is hardly ever relevant. So I'm dividing to get a g/L value and then multiplying that up based on the litres that are being primed. This used to be the way I set up the previous priming calculator section of the recipe, but now that it grabs the volume from the batch size I can't get that simple grams/litre number (yes I know it was changed ages ago, but things occur to me slowly sometimes).

Mark, are you talking about grams CO2 per liter? If so, concur - that's the standard European method of measuring carbonation. How about a "switch" and a profile setting to make it a standard? Likewise, giving the readout in g/l or oz/gal for sugar can be a good thing as well...

I think @Mark Farrall is talking about grams of priming sugar per volume of beer packaged? Let us know if that's correct so we can follow up and submit a ticket

Back