Priming - weight per unit of volume

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Mark Farrall, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Mark Farrall

Mark Farrall Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to have the priming amount expressed as the weight per unit of volume in addition to the total amount for a batch, e.g. grams per litre?

Most batches have enough losses from dry hopping or transfer that the amount that the full batch amount is hardly ever relevant. So I'm dividing to get a g/L value and then multiplying that up based on the litres that are being primed. This used to be the way I set up the previous priming calculator section of the recipe, but now that it grabs the volume from the batch size I can't get that simple grams/litre number (yes I know it was changed ages ago, but things occur to me slowly sometimes).

2. Nosybear

Nosybear Well-Known Member

Mark, are you talking about grams CO2 per liter? If so, concur - that's the standard European method of measuring carbonation. How about a "switch" and a profile setting to make it a standard? Likewise, giving the readout in g/l or oz/gal for sugar can be a good thing as well...

3. Pricelessbrewing

Pricelessbrewing QA Software Tester
    Staff Member

I think @Mark Farrall is talking about grams of priming sugar per volume of beer packaged? Let us know if that's correct so we can follow up and submit a ticket

4. Mark Farrall

Mark Farrall Well-Known Member

Yep, it's the amount of priming sugar per unit of volume.

Yooper and Pricelessbrewing like this.