Priming calculator additional sugar results

Black Lion Homebrewery

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know how easy or feasible but it would be a nice feature to the priming calculator if it provided results in more than just sucrose,dextrose, and DME. Similar to Brewunited's calculator (http://www.brewunited.com/priming_sugar_calculator.php). I'd rather stay on this website than go over there to get the less common priming sugars.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Which common priming sugars would you like to see? I assume honey would be reasonable, but what others? I'm unaware of the majority of brewers I know using more than corn sugar/DME/table sugar as a rule.

That's a lot of sugar!

Attachments

• IMG_0649.PNG
    IMG_0649.PNG
    312.8 KB · Views: 137
It is, and I doubt we'd be interested in adding all of them- that's why I asked which ones would be needed. Since priming sugar doesn't contribute much, if anything, to the profile of the finished beer we probably aren't going to spend alot of hours on something like this. If there are some priming sugars that are popular and wanted, we would definitely work on that.

Stumbled upon this thread. For what it is worth, I've primed with brown sugar and with molasses and would not mind being able to calculate them.

Back