Pressurised Fermentation Carbonation or Priming Calculator

BlueShaun

Premium Member
Reaction score
I ferment all my beers in a Unitank and use the last few gravity points to pressurise/carbonate my beer. The tank is good for 2 Bar.

It would be really useful if the functions of the Keg Carbonation Calculator and the Priming Calculator were combined.

For example, my current brew requires 2 volume and at 18.5° the keg calculator tells me this needs 1.27 Bar. The priming Calculator tells me this needs 251g of priming for dozens of different sugar, but it doesn't tell me gravity points. (I think it's around 2 points).

Can you please combine the functionality, or at least show gravity points as a Sugar Type on the priming Calculator?

Thanks,
Shaun

Yes- actually that has been released today! Take a look at the recipe builder and see if you can choose different sugars and/or c02 for carbonation.
upload_2019-6-18_14-4-1.png

upload_2019-6-18_14-4-55.png

It does not give me gravity points required to achieve that pressure.

In this workflow I would like to choose "Gravity Points" instead of honey or sugar, set my CO2 volumes and be told to close my valve at 0.002 or 0.003 before FG

It does not give me gravity points required to achieve that pressure.

In this workflow I would like to choose "Gravity Points" instead of honey or sugar, set my CO2 volumes and be told to close my valve at 0.002 or 0.003 before FG

Oh, you mean not using anything at all to prime, just spund until you're close to the projected FG?
Most people would just stop venting/spunding when about 3 gravity points away. I don't know how a calculator would work- just tell you when you're three points away, using the OG? I'm trying to picture how this would fit and work out.

Oh, you mean not using anything at all to prime, just spund until you're close to the projected FG?
Most people would just stop venting/spunding when about 3 gravity points away. I don't know how a calculator would work- just tell you when you're three points away, using the OG? I'm trying to picture how this would fit and work out.
Yooper's onto the process, but you need to do a forced fermentation test to make sure what your FG will be. Basically, take a pint or so of your wort after pitching, put it on a stir plate, keep it warm and see where it finishes out. That should give you your minimum FG. I'd stop about 4 points up to account for some extra fermentation in the test conditions.

I always put a pint or so back into my Starter Flask and put it back on the spinner so a FFT is not a problem.

I realise I can just set the pressure and forget, but I am brewing a lot of Saisons for the summer and I don't want them to stall as I've experienced in the past.

Thanks,
Shaun

Back