Post fermentation treatment of 'thin' beer

Dr Evil

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for advice regarding rescuing a thin beer. 5% ABV but does not have a good body/mouthfeel Anything I can add to it to give it a better mouthfeel? All suggestions gratefully received. Thank you

Is it still in the fermenter or is it bottled.

maybe blend it with a beer with super, extra body? like, 90% wheat, 10% carapils body.

i know blending will work on adjusting flavors, abv, and ibu, but not too sure about body

Assuming you haven't packaged the beer, and by packaged I mean bottled, maltodextrine will provide "neutral" body. Lactose will provide body as well but it also provides some sweetness. I've never used maltodextrine and rarely used lactose - somewhat intolerant of it - and so can't help you much with amounts.

I'm guessing this is before bottleing I'm also thinking from fermentation to bottleing to tasting can change perceived mouthfeel especially going from flat beer to nice cold carbonated frothy beer.

So keg her bottle her but give her 2.5 - 3 volumes co2 and you'll get a fine brew

from fermentation to bottleing to tasting can change perceived mouthfeel especially going from flat beer to nice cold carbonated frothy beer.

What he said...I have a light English Bitter on the verge of kegging. I carb-capped a liter or so that wouldn't fit into the secondary vessel and just had a pint of it this evening. The beer when flat is thin and overly-hoppy. Carbed up and holding a head, it's fantastic!! Plenty of body and great balance.

Back