Plastic vs. Glass bottles.

Bevis

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about trying either the coopers or brewcraft plastic bottles. I have only ever used glass and keg. So my question is plastic any good or should I stick to the glass?

For safety plastic bottles are great , in all other aspects glass is superior
Long term storage in PET isn't a great idea as the bottles are permeable to a minuscule amount of oxygen
I use Grolsch swingtops and love them , no capper needed and they are good strong bottles

I started out on the coopers plastic bottles very forgiving if you rush your beer into the bottle and find she wasn't quite finished just release a little pressure and check on em tomorrow.

That's the first thing I either get or hear when saying I homebrew "oh the old bottle bombs aye". I'm proud to say only bombs I got was with ginger beer

For safety plastic bottles are great , in all other aspects glass is superior
Long term storage in PET isn't a great idea as the bottles are permeable to a minuscule amount of oxygen
I use Grolsch swingtops and love them , no capper needed and they are good strong bottles

I primed some extra beer in a swing top growler once. Damn near took my eye off when i went to open it, the cap shot up to the ceiling

Back