Pilsner

Steve Ruch

Lifetime Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220220-095307.png

I prefer hallerau and saaz. But to each Thier own.

If it's good, I'd drink it. :D

I use mittlefruh most of the time, but this go round I've got hersbrucker on hand.
Looks tasty to me I've like the flavour from S189 I look forward to hearing your comments on it.
My recent pilsner on tap atm
Has a dash of wheat malt and a equal small portions of vienna and light Munich just enough percieve some lingering malt.
Enjoy.
Oh and first run doing RO with a pils recipie not all Ro 19lt out of a 26lt total liquor still added salts favouring a crisp gypsum finish but yes the mouthfeel seems just softer than usual unless it's my HB bias kicking in lol

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1222957/21l-lager

Recipe is not what makes or breaks a Pilsner. As is obvious, the ingredients couldn't be simpler. It's all in the execution and fermentation. Water profile can make a difference but most homebrewers never get to the level of execution where relatively minor differences in the water profile would be extremely noticeable.

I'm pretty stuck on Magnum for bittering and Mittlefruh for finishing but sometimes I feel like it might be good to branch out a little.
I'm with you on the Magnum.
But rarely stray from my beloved Sazz hops I think they would be my desert island hop:eek:.
Well if you could choose one hop for lager brewing and one for Ale style brewing Sazz would be my lager style pic.
Not sure on the ale Side I do love Mosaic but...

Reactions: J A
I'm with you on the Magnum.
But rarely stray from my beloved Sazz hops I think they would be my desert island hop:eek:.
Well if you could choose one hop for lager brewing and one for Ale style brewing Sazz would be my lager style pic.
Not sure on the ale Side I do love Mosaic but...
Yep...Saaz is the other go-to. I was just thinking of the Hallertau variations. I've used things like Opal and Spalt Select and had good results but there's just something really satisfying about tasting a familiar hop combo in a clean lager. :)

Back