Photos of beer are "too big"

Sunfire96

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I'm unable to attach photos of my beer to the recipe because the "file size is too big"

Anyway to remedy this? Here's said photo, so the forum can handle the file size without issue
20211009_201301.jpg

Maybe it's time to update the websites capabilities to keep up with more and more advanced cell phone technology? I know some users have their photos rotated automatically with no real solution. I'd love to post a photo without completing another 3 steps first. They've got the function in the recipe calc, do they want people to be able to use it? @Pricelessbrewing do you have any thoughts on this?

Though I agree, server space is a significant expense. Perhaps an automatic downsampling of every image would be a feature.

Rotation is more difficult. That might require the user to specify or set the rotation manually. Another forum I frequent also has this problem, but uses different software.

I was able to add the photo in the app, so is it a server issue or a website issue?

There's no compression or resizing script in place at the moment for the web app, might be part of the forum features though!

We've double the file size limit, let us know if you're still seeing issues.

There's no compression or resizing script in place at the moment for the web app, might be part of the forum features though!

We've double the file size limit, let us know if you're still seeing issues.
Thanks! I just successfully uploaded a photo without issue, but it did rotate the image once uploaded. But it's better than it was, thanks @Pricelessbrewing :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211020-183625_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211020-183625_Chrome.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 76

Back