pH of water help (grist weight = zero)

Blackmuse

Lifetime Member
Established Member
Reaction score
So, I'm trying to get my prediction for mash pH but the water calculator keeps telling me my grist weight is zero.... I have clicked on water calculations directly from my recipe as I always do... Why isn't importing my grist from the recipe? Is there a way to manually enter it?

I noticed this today. The grist input section on the Mash Chemistry and Brewing Water Calculator page just doesn't seem to be working. I tried in a couple of browsers too. It used to let you enter your malt bill in-place.

Looking at the HTML, there is a hidden input box in the grist pane that looks as if it might accept a "recipe ID" (it has the id "recipeID") but there is no way to use it that I can see. Perhaps the tool is in the middle of being updated to link to the recipes, but isn't there yet?

I noticed this today. The grist input section on the Mash Chemistry and Brewing Water Calculator page just doesn't seem to be working. I tried in a couple of browsers too. It used to let you enter your malt bill in-place.

Looking at the HTML, there is a hidden input box in the grist pane that looks as if it might accept a "recipe ID" (it has the id "recipeID") but there is no way to use it that I can see. Perhaps the tool is in the middle of being updated to link to the recipes, but isn't there yet?

Hopefully you are right. I'm brewing tonight so I guess I'll just let it ride...

I'm still having issues with the grist info not being populated. Should I restart browser?
I restarted. I clicked on the mash chemistry link, it takes me to the page, and it says "previous visit to water calculator detected", with a button to restore or ignore. The data from my recipe doesn't come over, and total water vol = 8, mash and sparge = 4.

I'm still not being given the drop down within which to enter my grist. No change from earlier today.

Back