Patience

MrBIP

Premium Member
Reaction score
Learning patience ......

Having one of my Imperial Stouts tonight. 85 days after brew day. Very much different today than it was just three weeks ago. Three weeks ago, I wasn't sure how soon I would be able to drink this .. cuz honesty, it was kinda nasty. Had a really harsh bite/after-taste. Today it's different, the harshness is gone and the after-taste seems appropriate - ok. Could just be my current mood or status of my taste buds, but, yes, I think this is good now. (I'll get a second follow-up opinion this week).

Kinda got the same thing in my last California Common ... as I let it sit it became crystal clear - probably as clear of beer as I've made yet - and really smoothed out. .. lost all that bit of sulfur the comes from the (warm) lager yeast. Kinda sad there's not a lot left now. Next time, I'll leave it sit longer before I get into it.

I still consider myself a "youngster" in much of this crowd, so finding these things interesting. .. and with each successive batch, I find it easier to wait ... because I'm learning, with some beers, the reward for patience.

Patience is a valuable lesson to learn. Maybe some day I will learn it.... ;-)

I am a very bad example of patience my self but have learned many times over that it pays off just to wait, Gravity is your friend :D

Just finished the last of my Lumberjack Amber Lager (Cali Common). Crystal Clear .. 85 days since brew day.
Ya, it pays to wait it out.

Now I gotta brew more and wait again. Dang it! :) :(

MrBIP said:
Now I gotta brew more and wait again. Dang it! :) :(

Get more kegs and keep all your vessels full. I know its time to brew because a keg blew that I brewed a year ago. Getting a big pipeline established take some work and investment, but when its full and operational, the beer is fantastic.

Oh, I've got plenty of beer to drink, just not that one.
I'm brewing more than I can consume right, having to distribute plenty.
(Well .. I probably could drink it all, but I don't think that would turn out very good for me)

Back