Parti-Gyle Recipes

Beer_Pirate

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that you've calculated in a way that means your total amount of MO will be 22.3 lbs. It'll be interesting to see how your numbers come out. In theory, it should work.

I based the grain bill for those two recipes off the parti-gyle calculator's expected numbers. I am happy(ish) to say that I blew all expectations for efficiency out of the water. I need to dilute with boiled water. The recipes have been updated to reflect the actual OG numbers I got.

IPA- (now maybe an imperial or I'll dilute) - 1.095

Dark Mild- (now maybe a British brown) - 1.050

Nice! One of the recipes has a permission error, but 80 percent is great efficiency. When I do 11 gallon batches I get 80 and better pretty routinely but my system is pretty well dialed in. For an un-tried method, I'd have estimated conservatively, too. :)
Yes, I think I'd dilute the IPA a little but it depends on how you feel about your IBUs.

Whoops! They should both be public now. The IBUs are my only concern with the IPA, since it's already on the lower side. If I dilute I could just call it an "Imperial Pale/Double Pale" or something along those lines if nothing else haha. If I use the average OG across the batches my efficiency was 76% (if I did the math right).

Reactions: J A
I am looking at doing a RIS, with first runnings, and a 5% Christmas Ale with second runnings in November. Interested to hear more about how this went for you. How did the two beers turn out, any aha moments you could share?

Back