Overall Water Report issue

Brewer #52660

Premium Member
Reaction score
I created a recipe, saved it, and then clicked on the green "Link" button to create (link) a water chemistry report.

In the Mash Chemistry and Brewing Water Calculator, I entered the following for a Total Water Volume = 10 gallons:
upload_2021-10-9_12-40-55.png

in the Mash Chemistry and Brewing Water Calculator, the Overall Water Report shows:
upload_2021-10-9_12-49-23.png

However, in the Water Chemistry section in the recipe builder shows a completely different Overall Water Report:
upload_2021-10-9_12-46-42.png

Shouldn't the Overall Water Report in the Water Chemistry and Recipe builder be the same?
I suspect it has something to do with the fact the recipe states I am including CaSO4, CaCl2, and NaCl in the mash rather than in 10 gallons of water.

@Yooper Can you assist here with the water chemistry calculator please :)

I created a recipe, saved it, and then clicked on the green "Link" button to create (link) a water chemistry report.

In the Mash Chemistry and Brewing Water Calculator, I entered the following for a Total Water Volume = 10 gallons:
View attachment 17711

in the Mash Chemistry and Brewing Water Calculator, the Overall Water Report shows:
View attachment 17715

However, in the Water Chemistry section in the recipe builder shows a completely different Overall Water Report:
View attachment 17714
Shouldn't the Overall Water Report in the Water Chemistry and Recipe builder be the same?
I suspect it has something to do with the fact the recipe states I am including CaSO4, CaCl2, and NaCl in the mash rather than in 10 gallons of water.

You have it so that the salts are dispersed in all of the water (ie 'salts in mash only' box not checked). But still, I would really like to dig into this- can you give me a link to the recipe so I can see what's going on?

Back