Other ingredients - times changing

eheeke

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
When brewing this weekend I noticed some strange things in the Other Ingredient section. It was for my Gypsum and Calcium Chloride entries.

If I have them both entered for the Mash at 60 minutes, they seem to display correctly on the recipe, even when I reload the recipe. HOWEVER, when I print my recipe, they both show as 60 HOURS.

If I enter the Gypsum as 1 hour and the Calcium as 60 minutes, save the recipe, and then reopen the recipe, the Gypsum entry changes back to Minutes, showing 1 minute. The Calcium shows correctly at 60 minutes. Then, when I print the recipe, the Gypsum shows correctly as 1 hour, but the Calcium shows at 60 HOURS.

I did not see any issues with other items in my recipe, but I didn't go through extensive testing of other unit inputs.

We released a new print update- is this still happening to you? (It's not happening to me, using Chrome on Windows 11).
What browser are you using?

I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell PC. I can test in Chrome, MS Edge, and MS Explorer 11. I'm still having trouble saving my time changes on the other ingredients.

* Chrome - First I had trouble getting my recipe to save the 60 min for Gypsum and 60 min for Calcium additions. The gypsum kept wanting to revert back to 1 minute. Anyway, after getting the recipe to view properly, when I printed the recipe, both showed 60 HOURS.

* MS Edge - Same thing. Showing 60 minutes each on the recipe, but it then wants to print 60 HOURS for each.

* MS IE 11 - During testing I received an error bar stating that IE 11 is no longer supported. No need for further testing for me; HOWEVER, BF may need to coach users still on Windows 7 to move from IE 11 to Chrome.

On a side note, the little active "hop wreath" that is shown during recipe load works fine in Chrome, but not in MS Edge. It just shows a stationary wreath.

Back