Other Carbonated Beverages

What is the best CO2 pressure for soft drinks?

• 20psi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30psi

• 35psi

• 45psi

• 50psi

• higher

• Total voters

Hank Plantagenet

Trial Member
Reaction score
Some of y'all may remember that I was considering dedicating a Corny to carbonated water for soft drinks for my daughters (7yo and 9yo). I did it, and they love it.

I started by ordering 12 different bases from Prairie Moon, and so far we have mixed up syrup and tried the cream soda and the cantaloupe. The girls like the cream soda a little bit better, but I am loving the cantaloupe. As far as fruit flavors, I also ordered green apple, watermelon, kiwi and coconut (plus orange dreamsicle, if you can call that fruit), and I cannot wait to try them, too.

I also plan to mix some unique concoctions. For instance, I think that I will mix coconut and malted chocolate.

For now, we are just making small batches of syrup (enough for about 200 ounces of drinkable beverage) and mixing them at the keg. When we identify our favorites, I will probably mix a keg at a time of one favorite.

The beverages seemed flat at beer pressure, and I have bumped that keg up to almost 40 psi. I honestly think that even a bit higher might be better. If any of you keep soft drinks on tap, what CO2 pressure do you use?

I like soda at about 40 psi at 40 degrees. It requires about 30 feet of line, or more, to dispense properly at that pressure though. I think I had 50' on there, but it's been a while and I can't remember exactly.

I like carbonated water at about the same volume of c02, so will be setting up that line soon. I don't do soda anymore, but club soda with lime is a summer time favorite.

I don't do soft drinks, sorry.

Back