Option to exclude ingredients from % of grain bill

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by WCF - The Brewery, May 17, 2016.

1. WCF - The Brewery

WCF - The Brewery New Member

It would be nice to have a checkbox for "fermentables" that would exclude them from being included in the % of grain bill and total fermentables show in the recipe. They can still be calculated into water requirements, but when I am calculating flavor contributions, I'd rather not have rice hulls and dextrose throwing off the %; or when looking at my total grain, for determining grist storage space for example, I would like to exclude rice hulls and dextrose and possibly rolled grains. So maybe even show two totals and %, one of fermentable ingredients, and one for mash tun ingredients, with the ability to specify how I want the ingredient counted. That could also be used to include fruit and juice as a fermentable that is not mashed, like sugars.

lephantman likes this.
  2. lephantman

lephantman New Member

#2 lephantman, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    I second this, and also further request that for custom fermentables be allowed to "ignore from grain water absorption" and/or some sort of "custom density". when making a pumpkin beer I mash the pumpkin, however if it is "mashed" this just makes the water requirements and volumes all out of whack. I did just assume it was added to the boil and had to do volume calculations in mashtun manually.

Also, custom fermentables at a minimum really need a %fermentability. would help with dialing in fruit/sugar adjuncts.