Omega Voss Kveik

Nola_Brew

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've brewed one batch using Voss and it was basically a pineapple juice bomb. Fermented in mid 80's.
For those who have more experience with this yeast does the taste profile carry across the entire temp range? or would there be more or less citrus flavor fermenting at the lower end or upper end?
I would like for more of the orange profile and less pineapple so that's what I am aiming for.

I have only went hop usually pitch at 95 and keep on a warmer for 3-4 days. I have not fermented Voss cooler but heard it can be cleaner in terms of citrus if fermented lower.

I have fermented in the mid 80's, and haven't found the strong pineapple flavor you mention, but for it lends a fruitiness to the beer. Depending on the beer mind you. For fun I used it in a 6.5% coffee porter, fermented in mid 80's, didn't notice any fruity flavors inthat one.

I have fermented in the mid 80's, and haven't found the strong pineapple flavor you mention, but for it lends a fruitiness to the beer. Depending on the beer mind you. For fun I used it in a 6.5% coffee porter, fermented in mid 80's, didn't notice any fruity flavors inthat one.
Wow that's strange.
I've only used Voss once but have used Hornindal several times and liked it.
I need to refer back to my notes to see what the exact temp was when i used Voss last time. May alter it up or down so see if the outcome changes.

I think I will give Hornindal a go soon, have heard good things. "I think Bennie likes it, Hey Bennie!

Hornindal or Framgarden I've only used framgarden once mildly fruity is what i got at 30c next brew I'll really push it at 39c really express them esters.
Brewer I gave some (framgarden) to did a Mosaic IPA with it and said it's a peach bomb mosaic maybe a combo of both.

I've used Voss at 39-40c and last batch I did and IPA with it was some in your face orange peel/pith thing the bloke I flicked some bottles too absolutely loved it me not so much too pungent.

I've said it before don't can it on one pass with this yeast give it another whirl maybe at a cooler temp.

Back