No sparge setting?

Hawkbox

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
To do a no sparge with the current system would I just increase the value of the mash thickness until it matches the water requirements?

Mash in with your total brew water volume include all losses into this but drop brew house efficiency down around 60%.

I've full volume biab mashed one beer and didn't like the hit to brew house efficiency. Plus you have got to hear your wort to boil so you might as well sparge in that spare time.

Ah that makes sense. I'm been poking around at it with 5 gallon batches, it cuts about a half hour off for me as I don't have the equipment to heat the sparge water and begin the boil at the same time. Someday I'll have a killer rig, but right now it's a ghetto fabulous setup.

I don't have the equipment to heat the sparge water and begin the boil at the same time.
I use the range top in the kitchen and a 2 1/2 gallon pot to heat sparge water.

I do it in the garage. It’s ghetto as hell
10lUqeO.jpg

Looks like my house! My kitchen is attached to the garage.

Mine isn’t. I keep it all restricted to the garage for family happiness reasons.

Same I heat up my sparge water on the stove. If you time it right you can reach sparge out temp and Finnish mash around the same time there is no dilly dallying then.

I don’t think his mom knows what he’s doing in the garage!! :p:D

Back