New to Brewer's Friend

Joe Brewer

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello to all,

Pastry chef by day and a novice home brewer by night in San Diego, CA. I've been home brewing for abt 3 years now.

Beers I've brewed: barleywine, barrel aged imperial porter, belgian dubbel, american pilsner, honey brown ale, mango hef and a double ipa.

I use basic home brew equipment. Big stock pot, a couple 6 gal carboys, basically all the things you would get in a kit. I bottle condition and give most my beers away to friends and family.

I like big beers and there for usually brew big beers. Favorite styles of beer are belgian trappist, barleywines and american strong ale.

Well just wanted to say hey. Happy brewing folks!

Joe

Thanks, you too Trialben!
You've got an impressive line up of brews under your belt there Joe. I've not brewed a barley wine nor tasted one but interested to hear how she turns out I'm guessing you've gotta wait a few months :).
Is that it in your profile pic? Looks like she's gunna blow:p

You've got an impressive line up of brews under your belt there Joe. I've not brewed a barley wine nor tasted one but interested to hear how she turns out I'm guessing you've gotta wait a few months :).
Is that it in your profile pic? Looks like she's gunna blow:p

Its my first time brewing a barleywine. The pic in my profile is of a grapefruit brown sugar double ipa. It was a big beer as well 11%. I definitely tried to fit too much in the carboy. I've been taking pics of the barleywine through out the process. Will post them when its done.

Since opening an account on here I've been going crazy saving recipe ideas. I need more carboys! lol

Back