New Member, 1st post

Brew4Fun

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just discovered the Brewer's Friend and forum. Joined up and am looking forward to mining the old discussions as well as participating in the new ones. Pretty cool site.

I've been brewing for 20 years now, all grain for 18 or so. Started out bottling but quickly grew tired of that chore and got into kegging--never looked back. I like to brew often, but am lucky if I can find the time to get it done once a month. Favorite styles are robust porters, strong scotch ales and easy drinking ambers. With that said, I haven't found very many ales I don't like and enjoy sampling lots of different beers. Haven't ever been too involved in brewing clubs and don't usually brew for events or contests. I'd rather drink my beer than talk about it, I guess.

Glad to meet you!

Welcome to the fold.

+1 for kegging! If you have a good easy drinking amber recipe, I'd love to see it. I have a family member who likes those but I've been playing with IPAs and lagers too much lately.

You might want to upload a profile picture under your account.

Happy brewing!

Thanks for the welcome. I'll work on the picture.

In the mean time I'll post my favorite amber recipe, I call it Nectar of the Gods. I haven't changed the recipe in over 10 years. It's malty and smooth, slightly sweet on the finish with citrus, spicy hop flavors and a nice creamy head. Good summer beer.

Brew4Fun said:
In the mean time I'll post my favorite amber recipe, I call it Nectar of the Gods. I haven't changed the recipe in over 10 years. It's malty and smooth, slightly sweet on the finish with citrus, spicy hop flavors and a nice creamy head. Good summer beer.

Awesome. You can share it via Recipe Tools -> Share, and either post the URL here, or in addition add it to the searchable database.

A 10 year repeat recipe is exactly the kind of thing I'm after, sounds delicious!

Nice, the high percentage of Vienna must give it some extra umph.

By the way, about the 'first wort hop', it is an option in the hops use drop down.

Thanks for sharing!

Brew4fun -
I like the added German malts in that Amber of yours! Looks like a good malt backbone. Cascade and Fuggles must be a pretty good combo too, I've never tried it. I just might have to attempt to convert this to a extract or partial mash recipe for me to try out.

Back