New inventory UI

Sunfire96

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I really dislike the new inventory/shopping list layout. Would it be possible to add an "all" option to the drop down menu for looking at the whole list at one time?

Screenshot_20220318-120832_Chrome.jpg

My inventory list is small enough that "all" would work for me as well.
Keep the individual items, just add an 'all' item.

Thanks for the feedback @Sunfire96 and @BarbarianBrewer.

For transparency, I had the same thought. My inventory was generally not super extensive until the past year or two, so the previous system or an "all" worked well for me at the time. But for those with extensive inventory it was quite cumbersome to scroll and scroll, which I can relate to now that my inventory has grown. Obviously, ultimately we proceeded with this change in order to offer a solution for as many people as possible with the best user experience we could offer to all our users. It seemed simple to me as well, but how the system is currently set up it's not quite a simple as having an "all" tab AND being able to break up each category.

We have a ticket to revisit this system in the future to have a solution that works for both sides as much as possible and restructure the system for a more sustainable solution in the long run and hopefully offer an "all" (or similar) feature.

Thanks for the feedback @Sunfire96 and @BarbarianBrewer.

For transparency, I had the same thought. My inventory was generally not super extensive until the past year or two, so the previous system or an "all" worked well for me at the time. But for those with extensive inventory it was quite cumbersome to scroll and scroll, which I can relate to now that my inventory has grown. Obviously, ultimately we proceeded with this change in order to offer a solution for as many people as possible with the best user experience we could offer to all our users. It seemed simple to me as well, but how the system is currently set up it's not quite a simple as having an "all" tab AND being able to break up each category.

We have a ticket to revisit this system in the future to have a solution that works for both sides as much as possible and restructure the system for a more sustainable solution in the long run and hopefully offer an "all" (or similar) feature.
Thanks for the response Mark :D

My biggest issue is with the shopping list, not so much the inventory. When I'm at the LHBS I'll forget to get yeast or hops cuz I have to remember to switch categories instead of having one shopping list.

Is there a "print" option that would put the different categories of the shopping list in one list?

Can I suggest a Hidden field for all entries and then let the ALL tab sort on that?

Back