New brewer fron Parker Colorado

Chumley667

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I just started brewing at home. I bought the kit and all that good stuff. Well A little backround on me. I come from a Russian family. I am the first born here in the United states. When I was younger my dad would make vodka at home and took time to teach me how to drink properly and the difference between good beer and bud light. I am looking forward to learning this awesome skill of making beer at home.

The metro Denver fold just keeps growing! Welcome, Chumley, and I hope to see you at the Brew Hut's Homebrew Night sometime soon.

Yes you will. After this possibly failed first attempt I need help.

if first you don't succeed try and try and you'll get it right

We're starting a brew club out of the Brew Hut in Aurora - one of our goals is education. Advice: Do an extract brew - try a simple pale ale something like this:

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... k-pale-ale

Brew it over and over until it tastes the same every time. It's not as sexy as a double imperial every-possible-hopped blackened Irish pale ale but it will produce a drinkable beer and it will help you get your process down. Your process will have more of an effect on your outcomes than any recipe you can formulate so it's better to start with a simple one with few variables.

And it's advice I wish someone had given me early on. Cheers, happy brewing and hope to see/meet you in March. Ask the staff for Steve.

Back