My try at Pale Ale

Never heard of aurora before. Have you used those hops before?

It is also called Super Styrian. http://www.hmezad.si/aurora-super-styrian® It is grown in Slovenia (and so is the other hop, Styrian golding). I have picked this two hops, because I am from Slovenia and I want to see, how our hops perform :)
I have not used it before, because this is only my second attempt at brewing.

very cool reason to use those hops then :D

i just noticed in your recipe that the style is an american pale, but none of your ingredients are. im not a stickler for tradition or anything like that, it just amused me a bit

anyway, good luck with your brewday!

The reason is, that I initially wanted to make a Belgian pale ale, but then changed to American pale ale, to beter suit the IBU. I would put Slovenian pale ale, but there is no such thing :)

Fair enough, I had a really tasty red ipa that morphed from something different.

And mark my words, if this last year is any indication, expect that type and more IPAs as official styles in a few years

mihacerv said:
The reason is, that I initially wanted to make a Belgian pale ale, but then changed to American pale ale, to beter suit the IBU. I would put Slovenian pale ale, but there is no such thing :)
Sounds like there is now! :)

Back