Mince Pie Christmas Ale

Shaka

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Been trying to create a "Mince Pie" flavoured brown ale. This is what I've got so far. Was thinking to dry hop with mixed peel, which is a mix of candied orange and lemon peel. I saw that clawhammer dry-hopped with something similar for once of their recipes, but I'm only brewing around 5L so not sure how much to put in! Also, it was trying to get a raisin/prune flavour in there, what would you guys recommend?

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1055405/mince-pie-holiday-ale

Maybe change the amber for Special B for the dried fruit notes.

I'd add the spices to vodka a couple of weeks before brewing to make a tincture. Then when you're packaging you can do some testing to get the ratios right and just add the tincture then

As @Mark Farrall stated, Special B produces very nice flavors. I would add that the flavor profile is easier to control than using spices.

It does sound like a great recipe..

Thanks for the replies! I've made a tincture and put in special B instead of amber. I'm going to condition it until Xmas time but i'll let you know how it goes on brew day/bottling day!

Man!
I have got to get to my Christmas Seasonal Brews soon!
I hope yours turns out great!

Back