Mead Recipe Question

CoFlyGuy

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I was asked by my wife to make her a mead. I am currently looking at a recipe I found in a book she bought for me to read. My question for you all is how do I use the recipe editor to copy the recipe into My Recipes. I am sure there is something super basic I am missing but just thought I would ask before wasting hours running around trying to figure it out.

Thanks in advance everyone

For recipes outside of Brewer's Friend, I usually just hand-type it in.
OK Cool. I was a bit confused on where to put things in the recipe sheet but I will get it figured out as part of the learning process.

OK Cool. I was a bit confused on where to put things in the recipe sheet but I will get it figured out as part of the learning process.
Ah, gotcha. There's a tutorial somewhere.

It is not difficult, but pay attention to every little setting, as some are not obviously important but can have a big effect.

And you can always ask here!

I was asked by my wife to make her a mead. I am currently looking at a recipe I found in a book she bought for me to read. My question for you all is how do I use the recipe editor to copy the recipe into My Recipes. I am sure there is something super basic I am missing but just thought I would ask before wasting hours running around trying to figure it out.

Mead's easy: Dilute honey with water to the OG you want. Add some metabisulfite to kill off any native yeast. Add some yeast nutrient - honey doesn't have everything the yeast want. Pitch some good yeast, D-47 wine yeast works well. Sit back and let her buck.

You can add the honey in the fermentables section I'm sure there is an honey fermentable in there already .
Then put your batch size and it should give you an idea of your OG or ABV

The one thing I found with mead that contradicts beer brewing is the degassing throughout the fermentation that was new to me and felt wrong shaking the fermenter lol

I thinks @Over The Cliff Brewing was doing some meads recently?

I've been looking at this method and recipe for my first mead. Just haven't gotten around to it yet :)

https://www.youtobrew.com/mead-making-101

Back