Looking for Some Little Bottles

technerd3000

Trial Member
Reaction score
So, I've got a pretty big barleywine in the works, and I am planning to do my best to age it as long as possible. I would, however, like to start sampling occasionally at around the 3-month mark so I can taste the beer change over time. I'm working with a 5 gallon batch, and I thought, "hey, why don't I bottle some of it in smaller bottles, like 6-8 ounces, then I can sample more frequently without kicking it prematurely?"

Then I realized - 6-8 ounce, amber, pop-top bottles are darn near impossible to find! I live in central PA, and I can't find any commercial varieties in amber pop-top bottles, and I can't seem to find any empties from the usual sources online. If anyone knows someplace that I could acquire some online, that would be greatly appreciated.

OR... If there is someone on the forum has a stash or a means to procure some, I would certainly be willing to work out a deal (I have some Grolsch bottles that I don't really use).

FWIW - I'll actually be kegging this beer for a little while and force-carbing it. From there I'll fill most of it off into bottles to make room in the kegerator while it ages some more. I'll likely fill a few 22's, some 12's, and if I can find any - a case or two of something smaller.

Thanks!

Back