Looking for samplers! (Edmonton, Alberta)

sn00ky

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

As the title suggests, I am looking for samplers. I have a few bottles of most of my brews kicking around and I am looking to share them with someone - sounds awesome right!

One requirement though - Looking for someone to educate me; I want to learn how to taste beer. Might sound crazy but here's the thing. I know what I like, and I can detect differences in beers, at least some. But I have no idea what the difference is or how to describe it!

Sampling some of the brews I have made would be very helpful to me, as I keep somewhat decent record of what I have done, what mistakes I made, and what I would do differently next time. Not only am I hoping to learn what "astringent" tastes like (example), but also realize where I went wrong with my batch to get that problem.

I have read so many posts on here, other forums, and Google in general that describes examples better than I could imagine, but dumb old me and my pallet doesn't understand without that first hand experience- and who doesn't like sampling!!!

I live in the Edmonton area of Alberta. Anyone around the area that would be interested?

Thanks in advance, happy brewing!

I'd love to, but I'm nowhere near you. I did a basic sensory panel a while back at my lhbs. They spiked some samples of coors light and we tasted them and took notes. Like you said, someone can tell me all day what oxidation tasted like, but I only understood it once I tasted it
Good luck!

Exactly! Oxidation is another example that I would like.

Do you have a local homebrewing club ? Mine does case swap events where we all swap bottles for review and give honest feedback .
there's beer judging study groups as well .
If you're lucky your local club will be populated with decent people and brewers , mine is !

There is a guild, and I actually signed up today finally. They only meet during the winter season however. I am excited to attend some meetings as I have heard lots of great things about the people there.

Back