Lola's Dirty Blonde Ale

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Gents, I have a slight problem: Lola's Dirty Blonde is quite good but I can't figure out what BJCP category it belongs in. Here's the recipe:

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... colate-ale

Not quite American Brown - not hoppy enough. Might pass as an English, more likely Southern (it's not far off a Boddington's). Chess - I'll bring some to Homebrew Night next Thursday and hopefully solicit some of your expertise....

Cheers!

On the recipe editor, under the more... section, what style matches show up? These are based on stats only.

When you first spoke of this recipe in another post I actually set out to make a similar recipe in the form of an English Southern Brown... I love 'em.

Lots of malt character and easy on the hops. Great summer drink. My favorite Smuttynose beer is their Old Brown Dog.

What about Mild Brown? The IBU's seem like there should be "some" hop presence.

How did the chocolate syrup work out?

I'm thinking Southern English Brown as well. Hop character is very subdued, not noticeable, really, but the beer is very balanced - using Magnum got me some really clean bitterness. The Chocolate variant is in the bottle, conditioning. I'll probably crack one open later this week - green it has a very subdued chocolate flavor - real chocolate, not cocoa.

Back