Lightstrike (skunking) question

nzbrew

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been asked to brew a wedding beer for a mates daughters wedding. Will be bottled (brown bottles) and one per person put on each table as a take home. The tables are inside, so should be out of direct sunlight. They will probably be on the tables most of the day as setup will be in the late morning. It will be an IPA.

My concern is having them sitting out, and being a hoppy beer I might be setting myself up for skunked beer.....

Anyone got any idea if this could be an issue ?

Brown bottles should be fine. You might want to let them guests know to chill beer for a few days before drinking to let it settle out:). Sounds like an awesome challenge for you.

Hay you could wrap them in some fancy wedding wrapping that way outta direct light;) . Good luck kiwi

Thanks - yep bit of a challenge alright, a bit nervous really! 80 people so it will be a big batch, and being an IPA I want it fresh so no time to rebrew if there's any issues. I will be bottling from keg so no need to worry about settling ☺

Sounds like your up for the challenge there mate. I'd be googling skunking beer just for a refresher on it all

Problem solved. Believe me, every future bride dreams of having a "Show me your Busch" bottle cozy in front of every wedding guest.

Attachments

• zipper-bottle-insulator-kzpu002.jpeg
    zipper-bottle-insulator-kzpu002.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 114
Awesome stuff Gerry that's a perfect wedding table ice breaker ha ha made my day lol

A few years ago a friend of mine had a bunch of can cozies made with his picture on them and handed them out at the Bacchus party before Mardi Gras. It was hilarious.

I got married three years ago and our wedding gift to all our guests was a stubie cooler with our picture on it with the slogan "to have and to hold and keep your beer cold" .

Me bro had same idea on his stubie cooler he had " we came here today to witness wedding bliss and to sink a lot of piss" .

Classic :p

I wonder if the ladies would notice in time to get them off the bottles..........

Back