Lawn Mower Beer

I brew something very similar with corn at 20%.
Love the Cluster hops... I use Saaz in combo, but your Cascade will make an interesting twist on the classic hop profile.
Brew on!;)

Thanks JA! I grow Cascade, so it’s finding its way in my recipes. Have to use pellets this year as my hops were planted last spring. Tried some during winter but the acids were not developed enough. I might add some Saaz or Mosaic, but want to keep it as crisp as possible.

Reactions: J A
i like it looks good id go sazz or something noble but i understand as per above.

Thanks JA! I grow Cascade, so it’s finding its way in my recipes. Have to use pellets this year as my hops were planted last spring. Tried some during winter but the acids were not developed enough. I might add some Saaz or Mosaic, but want to keep it as crisp as possible.
Yeah...my newly- planted Centennial bines yielded a good handful of hops this last fall but they were pretty much a bust. They're going insane now, though and if I can keep them watered enough, I should get some decent aroma hops if nothing else.
I wouldn't overthink the hops too much in a beer like this...just keep the malt clean and let the hop flavor go along for the ride. ;)

Thanks for the comments! I pulled out the brew books and see that I went off the tracks here. So, going to make two recipes. One an International pils with a little Carapils and Saaz hops. The other, an American pils with a little flaked rice and Cluster & Crystal hops.

That should make for a fun taste test this summer. Thanks again! :)

Reactions: J A
I prefer German or Czech hops in pils over cascade. Have tried a couple commercial examples with cascade and they always seem off a bit. But that's just my tastes. Otherwise solid recipe.

Back