Kegerator DIY

yegnal

Trial Member
Reaction score
Has anyone drilled an Avanti AR52T3SB before, the company won't inform me as to the location of any refrigeration lines and such....

Maybe take a Dremmel type tool and cut a shallow circle into just the plastic on the inside of the unit. Then maybe peel away the insulation and see what you got. If lines are there, just replace the insulation and use the unit for something else. It’s better to have a working unit than a dead one.

You can tell where the coolant is flowing by starting it up when it's warm and leaving the door open. Condensation will collect on the inside, most likely on the top. And if you remove the top plastic cover, probably glued to the insulation with urethane adhesive, it's easy to poke a wooden skewer into the are where you intend to drill. You should be able to trace exactly where the coolant lines run.

I apparently got very lucky with my cheapo freezer and just drilled through the part where the freezer thingy was sitting (I completely can't remember what it's called right now).

Don’t drill through your freezer. Just sayin’.

Live dangerously! Come on! Do it....

Back