Kegco 3 roller mill adventure

Texas Ale Works

Premium Member
Reaction score
.....didn't want to take the other thread off topic....

recap
Ordered this.....

upload_2018-6-15_10-28-29.jpeg

Got this
20180613_202252.jpg

other pictures on the other thread, but this one tells the story.

Used the online submission form to tell them of the issue and added links to the pictures on WED. AS of this morning there was no reply so I called them up.

Seems their system rejected my initial email because of the links, so I sent them a real email with the pics attached.
Now I am back to playing the waiting game.

As of this posting I am not mad or upset (yet) I understand things happen. I will give them every oppurtunity to work with me and make things right.

The rest of the mill is flawless as far as I can tell, and I look forward to running some grain through it

T

No reply from BF yesterday and was at work so could not call.
Will rattle the cage in the morning.....

I need to brew soon, but I am still weeks away, want to brew by July sometime.....

Got an email today from BF, they are sending me a new mill, and provided me a shipping label to send the old one back.
All in all, even though it was a bummer to get a busted mill, so far it has been handled pretty well on their end.

T

It looks like the frame was busted, did it happen in shipping?

no, I think I got a return or a miss manufactured part.
It was bad pre-shipping inspection, or just someone being lazy. I would assume that the mill would have come with the end-plates attached to the rollers, and one side was....the other side, the parts would not even go together.
The mill was in a separate box, in the main box with the hopper, so maybe the person that pulled it for shipping didn't look or something, but someone saw it at some point, and did nothing about it.....or so I assume

T

Probably a return that got mixed in with inventory. A number of years ago I bought a new desktop PC. When I got it set up and went to register it, I found that it had already been registered. The seller replaced it without a hassle. $hit happens. What matters is how it is handled.

Yep, that has been my position from the beginning.

So now, more waiting

Someday I'll upgrade from my Corona mill.

I still have my old Victoria Mill that I used for years. The only improvement I've seen since going to the roller type is I don't need to hand crank. Well, the roller mill is easier to clean too.

I use a concrete mixer drill on mine, just swapped the handle for a 1/2" bolt. Works pretty good but I'd like something fancier.

I use a concrete mixer drill on mine, just swapped the handle for a 1/2" bolt. Works pretty good but I'd like something fancier.

this was how I started too, 2 years in and I "left" my mill outside on "accident" and it rusted, so of course I had to get a Barley Crusher....should have stayed with the my Corona......I was never happy with the BC

That's been my primary reason for not "upgrading" as it works fine and it was free.

I'm using a modified pasta maker with a corded drill, works great but have to rough up the rollers ever 5-7 batches.

Never even thought of that. Very interesting.

Back