Just Bragging

wolfie7873

Premium Member
Reaction score
Won Best in Show for my table strength Saison, "Sarah" at the Carolina Quarterly Brew Off last weekend. First major award as a homebrewer, and it made my day. Got some really good feedback on the rest of my beers as well, which was the entire point in entering. Felt I needed to share that here among people who would truly understand.

Congratulations! It's been a while but I remember what a good feeling it is.

Nice work!! :)
I haven't felt good enough about any of my brews to enter any competitions and expect recognition, but the feedback part of it would really be invaluable to me!

J A said:
Nice work!! :)
I haven't felt good enough about any of my brews to enter any competitions and expect recognition, but the feedback part of it would really be invaluable to me!
Yeah, I guess it'd be interesting to get feedback from judges, but my friends and neighbors like mine. And they don't charge me to drink my beer!

jeffpn said:
... but my friends and neighbors like mine. And they don't charge me to drink my beer!

True dat, my brudda...
I have a happy panel of "judges" willing and eager to give me positive feedback whenever I'm pouring. Free beer always rates pretty highly in most peoples' critique. :lol:

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. My friends and family are always more than happy to drink my beer, and incidentally usually prefer beers different than the judges. I tend to brew more for friends and family than anyone else, anyway - with most of my brewing choices and beer names coming from which styles are my friends favorite.

me: "hey <friend> what's your favorite style of beer?"
friend: "I really like <style>".
4 weeks later:
me: "here's a growler of <style> beer named '<friend>'."

lather, rinse, repeat.

I need to get my stuff together and fill out some entry forms. Colorado State Fair is coming up as well as a bunch of smaller competitions. I value the feedback.

Back