January 23rd Updates - QWR & Fixes

Pricelessbrewing

BF Software Manager
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello Brewer's Friend community and users, hope everyone is having a great 2022 so far.

We have lots of fixes, small updates, and a substantial list of improvements and tweaks to the QWR feature.

Now, and going forward, QWR will 1st act as a starting guide if there is no recipe information, then if there is it will take that into account and provide warnings as needed when the recipe does not align with your equipment profile.

2022-01-23
Fixed

• Recipe Builder - Fix IBU calculation problem when adding new "First Wort", "Whirlpool", "Hopback" or "Hop Stand" hop addition not adding the scale utilization.

• My Recipes - Fixed an issue when some users were unable to edit their folder names.

• My Recipes - Updated date formatting in fermentation charts to match user profile settings

• My Brew Sessions - Updated date formatting in fermentation charts to match user profile settings

• My Brew Sessions - Fix a problem that sometimes caused new brew log entries to be disallowed in brew sessions

• My Brew Sessions - Update the default numbering for batch codes to reflect the current value of the recipe title Profile

• My Brew Sessions - Added ambient temp to fermentation charts for devices that want to send a secondary temperature.

• General Settings - Add a new user profile setting to determine whether the numeric value in new brew sessions' batch codes are reset every calendar year (default) or continue counting up indefinitely

• My Inventory - Dynamically update pricing information on inventory list after bulk save

• My Inventory - Fix unhandled error in inventory import when no names are given in imported inventory CSV files

• My Shopping List - Dynamically update pricing information on shopping list after bulk save

• My Shopping List - Fix error page when bulk edit used after all items in category have been removed
Recipe Builder - Quick Water Requirements

• Recipe Builder - QWR Re-ordered the QWR losses and gains in chronological order.

• Recipe Builder - QWR will now use recipe user entered boil volumes, and display a warning when they do not align, and/or they do not align with equipment estimated values.

• Recipe Builder - QWR the target volume type (fermenter vs post boil for kettle target) is now bold.

• Recipe Builder - QWR The recipe name is now at the top of the QWR, thanks @AHarper!

• Recipe Builder - QWR Hop absorption losses have been split depending on their addition timing (boil vs mash vs dry hop etc).

• Recipe Builder - Fixed unit conversion error relating to grain absorption and hops absorption values in the quick water requirements

• Recipe Builder - Removed dry hop (high krausen) from hop absorption calculation for QWR volume calculation to match dry hop addition behavior

• Recipe Builder - Use the user-provided re/post boil volumes for calculating QWR volumes, provide messaging when estimated volumes are out of line with provided values

• Recipe Builder - Use QWR-calculated post-boil volume when user changes from kettle to fermentor as brew target mode

• Recipe Builder - Use the user-provided mash thickness value from the mash guidelines section when calculating strike volumes in QWR, if that value doesn't exist, use the user's profile value, otherwise use the system default

• Recipe Builder - Added new hop absorption lines to better breakdown when the losses occur, mash vs boil kettle vs whirlpool.

• Recipe Builder - Improved calculations to better handle volume increase from sugar additions in QWR.

• User Profiles - Automatically convert measurement units for all saved equipment profiles when the user's global measurement units are changed

• User Profiles - Automatically convert "Default Batch Size" and "Default Boil Size" values when the user's global measurement units are changed

• User Profiles - Fix status messaging/styling for save actions in various profile tabs

Last edited:

Back