Is my beer infected?

Meaulnes

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am on the verge of bottling my beer but I have a doubt. Is my beer infected?
It is in the state of the joint picture since the end of fermentation (one week). I put it at 8°C for a week to cold crash it but there is still some sort of small patches on the surface. There is not bad smell at all.
What do you think?
20210607_092245.jpg

Spike er Duke!

Get a sanitised thief and taste it. If it doesn't taste sour or funky. Its prolly fine.

Just looks like some krausen that didn't fall

There's nothing there but "rafting" yeast/krausen clumps. Impossible to tell whether it's really "clean" until you bottle and taste but there's definitely no indication of any lactobacillus infection from the photo.

Yeah it's just floating chunks of fermentation solids. Nothing to worry about.

Looks like beer...
Sure it's fine. I don't cold crash because a) I don't have the means to and b) don't think it makes that much difference. I always have some amount of "floaties" on top when I bottle. I agree with whoever said take a sample. If it tastes fine then package and drink. If it doesn't well maybe I'll refer you to my father-in-law, he'll drink anything... Sure he'd help you out:D

Every time I come to this thread, and see the picture of the open bucket, I get a wave of anxiety from the potential exposure to O2...
Not the serious disorder kind of anxiety, I have meds for that.

Back