Lonnie Seiders

Premium Member
Reaction score
I opened the app today to find almost all the fields blacked out. I could select them, and change the values, but I couldn't see them once selected or a value entered in.

Fix?: Turned off dark mode.

Apparently, dark mode is messing with the background color of any changeable field except "time", and causing it to be black, so unless you turn it off, it will be black text over a black background.

I opened the app today to find almost all the fields blacked out. I could select them, and change the values, but I couldn't see them once selected or a value entered in.

Apparently, dark mode is messing with the background color of any changeable field except "time", and causing it to be black, so unless you turn it off, it will be black text over a black background.

Yes, unfortunately the app hasn't kept pace at all with the updated site version. The good news is that we have brand new apps ready for release very soon.

In order to not lose data, we recommend backing the app up to the site version (with the 'sync' feature) if you are a premium supporter. If you're not a premium supporter, please send me a note and I can help with this. Once the new app is released, it can be sync'd back to the new app.

Unfortunately the sync doesn't like some fermentables in the old app such as 'German Munich Light" so you need to delete them before syncing and then remember to add them back.
Any chance we can provide a list of the fermentables that cause the dreaded: "Fermentable in position X was not found!" and they can be added to the new system so we can sync easier?
Thanks.

Thanks. This was a Royal pain for me.

That is very strange, mine works perfectly fine during testing and I have dark mode on for all sorts of things. Are your devices android or Ios?

Back