Inventory on iphone app

MaxH

Trial Member
Reaction score
I am a new member, input my inventory on my computer (Mac) & sync'd the app to my iPhone. It sync'd the recipes but I can't find the inventory on the app. Am I missing something or does the iPhone app not have the inventory function?

Neither inventory or shopping list are implemented on the iPhone app.

Wanted to bump this post. To have your inventory on the app would make more sense than the calculators. You don't take the laptop to the LHBS but your phone is probably with you to remind you what you went there for since the pencil list was left on the table at home. Sure there are places on the phone for lists but to have inventory listed on app would be very handy.

Another bump for inventory and shopping list in the app.

These are arguably the most important features for a mobile app! Think about it - When do you really need a mobile app? When you're not at home with your computer, of course. And when are you not home with your computer? When you're shopping for supplies for your next brew session! What do you need when you're shopping? Shopping and inventory lists!

I can see the free app not having these features (barely), but the paid app is really not very useful without them.

I don't keep an inventory at home. I buy my ingredients as needed. This feature is not a hot button for me. I would not object to its presence.

I would like to echo the need for having the inventory feature on the premium app. It would be useful for when going to the store. Also, some updating is needed: (1) The standard attenuation on the app does not always match that of the web recipe. (2) The 2015 styles are not yet implemented on the app. So if you use one on the web, it gets shown as some other style on the app. For example, British brown beer gets shown as a stout.

TimMillerHsv said:
I would like to echo the need for having the inventory feature on the premium app. It would be useful for when going to the store. Also, some updating is needed: (1) The standard attenuation on the app does not always match that of the web recipe. (2) The 2015 styles are not yet implemented on the app. So if you use one on the web, it gets shown as some other style on the app. For example, British brown beer gets shown as a stout.

Thanks for the feedback, Tim (and everyone else). We've heard these requests echoed elsewhere, and they're all on our list of things to address. Thanks!

Hey Josh or Matt,

It's about time to go ahead and get this done. Is it a very complicated fix? It would be very convenient and appreciated.

Love the site and the app! Longtime loyal user.

Same here. Countless times I just need 10-15lbs of something but have to print this out to take it with. Not so much an issue when I am ordering for CMG (we're a nano) but still, those small things - it would be nice to have a grocery list of sorts on the app.

Yes yes yes! Inventory and shopping please!

Been singing this tune for more than a year. Don't hold your breath. I too find the iphone app very handy and would love to have inventory available, but.......

Back