Inventory deduction not deducting

btbnl

Premium Member
Reaction score
When I use inventory deduction all of the ingredients show up as present and the correct "Resulting QTY" numbers are reported. When I hit "Deduct Inventory" I get the green "Inventory Deduction Completed" message. However when I go back to my inventory, nothing has been deducted.

I've tried logging out and back in again, but that doesn't help.

Any ideas?

I was having this issue about a week ago as well. I deducted the ingredients 3 times from a recipe, but my inventory didn't change. I came here looking to see if others were having an issue as well. I just tried again and it's still not working for me.

In my case I have 4 ingredients, and I've unchecked the box for 2 of them. One of them (hops) I specifically used the new drop-down to select the hops I have in my inventory. I've tried refreshing the pages. It just doesn't seem to be working.

Attachments

• deduction-screenshot.jpg
    deduction-screenshot.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 58
Can you both give me links so I can get in there and check it out? It seems really random, and I can't recreate it on my account.

Can you both give me links so I can get in there and check it out? It seems really random, and I can't recreate it on my account.

Do you mean a link to a brew session that fails to deduct? If so, here and here.

Thanks

Do you mean a link to a brew session that fails to deduct? If so, here and here.

Thanks

Yes, thank you! I'll look at those. Also, what browser are you using? Since I can't recreate it on my end using Chrome, I want to find out what browser you are using.

Yes, thank you! I'll look at those. Also, what browser are you using? Since I can't recreate it on my end using Chrome, I want to find out what browser you are using.

I'm using Firefox on Mac OS10, but the problem persists in Chrome and Safari.

Last edited:
My brew session: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/brewsession/397460

I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.

Thanks for looking into this! If you need any other info, just let me know. I typically haven't had deduction issues in the past.

Thanks all of you for your patience- there are three of you telling me about this- so I believe you.
Weirdly, even going into your accounts, I cannot recreate it.
For example, I copied this recipe (called it Yooper's test) in your own account, and it DID deduct everything properly.
recipe.JPG
deduction.JPG
inventory1.JPG
inventory2.JPG
inventory3.JPG

So this is a very odd bug, and I ask for your patience while we dig into this. I've added a support ticket and asked @Pricelessbrewing to try to recreate as well.

And I did put back the ingredients that were removed from your inventory, so you shouldn't notice a difference but I left the recipe (and brew session) in your account so that it can be looked at.

I apologize for this, and we'll do our best to dig into it and get it solved as quickly as possible.

Thanks all of you for your patience- there are three of you telling me about this- so I believe you.
Weirdly, even going into your accounts, I cannot recreate it.
For example, I copied this recipe (called it Yooper's test) in your own account, and it DID deduct everything properly.

Hi Yooper - thanks for digging in to this. Did you try this in all of our accounts or just Brewer #51462? I don't see anything in mine, for example. Assuming it was just the one account, I wonder if the deduction works when they try it using your copy of the recipe?

Hi Yooper - thanks for digging in to this. Did you try this in all of our accounts or just Brewer #51462? I don't see anything in mine, for example. Assuming it was just the one account, I wonder if the deduction works when they try it using your copy of the recipe?

@Pricelessbrewing was able to recreate it in yours, and was able to recreate it for the support ticket. He added that to the information for the developers. They are working on it!

If it helps, I made a new recipe today, brewed, and then tried to deduct my inventory. It gave the little "Inventory deduction successful" message at the top (like it has been doing), but didn't deduct anything again.
Today's brew session: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/brewsession/400362
The yeast was not in my inventory, but the other ingredients were and were selected for deduction.

If it helps, I made a new recipe today, brewed, and then tried to deduct my inventory. It gave the little "Inventory deduction successful" message at the top (like it has been doing), but didn't deduct anything again.
Today's brew session: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/brewsession/400362
The yeast was not in my inventory, but the other ingredients were and were selected for deduction.

@Pricelessbrewing Should this be added to the ticket, or does B have enough to work with?

@Yooper Added to ticket.

@Brewer #51462 So strange. I copied the recipe and brewed it, and inventory deductions worked. I also brewed the original recipe and inventory deductions worked. Inventory has been reset to original values before I was there, but I did leave the brew sessions and recipe copy in place. Feel free to delete at your discretion.

Thanks for all your work on this. I have a couple things I'll test at my end when I have some time, hopefully tomorrow. They shouldn't be making a difference, but I'll make sure:
  • I run a pi-hole to block ads on my home network.
  • I have uBlock Origin on this browser.
  • I have JavaScript disabled by default, and then turn it on for sites that need it. BF has it turned on, but sometimes it blocks some background scripts if they're coming from a different domain.

Thanks for all your work on this. I have a couple things I'll test at my end when I have some time, hopefully tomorrow. They shouldn't be making a difference, but I'll make sure:
  • I have JavaScript disabled by default, and then turn it on for sites that need it. BF has it turned on, but sometimes it blocks some background scripts if they're coming from a different domain.

I've tried it on 3 different browsers with varying degrees of security/protection (from all to none) and all of them report successful deduction but fail to actually deduct anything.

Alrighty. I tried it on a different (non-pi-hole) network at work. I tried disabling uBlock Origin. I tried globally enabling javascript. I tried a different Chrome profile. I tried in Firefox (which has none of these custom settings/extensions active). I tried both my own brew sessions and one of the Yooper's test ones.

I could not get the inventory deduction to work with any of these changes.

(Thank you for your work trying to get this sorted out! If I can provide any other info/testing, please just let me know.)

Sadly it still doesn't work for me in my account, even after logging out and back in again. Or do I need to wait for the code review and release to see it working?

Sadly it still doesn't work for me in my account, even after logging out and back in again. Or do I need to wait for the code review and release to see it working?
You can check it on beta.brewersfriend.com to see all upcoming updates while they're being tested before full release. If you're still having issues on beta, please let me know asap.

Back